We Love Mats
Door Mates is the latest addition to The Mat Group – For over 25 years we have been making, sourcing and distributing the best commercial mats to businesses throughout Australia. You won’t find a more passionate or dedicated bunch when it comes to mats!
When a new member joins our team we like to make them a mat. Naturally they always want a front doormat for home, either with a fun or personalised message printed onto it. Which got us thinking, why can’t everyone get a quality doormat with a fun or personalised message on it?
This is how the idea for Door Mates was born.
WHAT MAKES OUR MATS DIFFERENT?
It’s time to say goodbye to the generic doormat.
Made in large volumes in China from cheap, poor quality materials.
With dated welcome messages or designs, that start fading away quickly after you start to walk over them.
And G’day (mate), to our beautiful feel-good doormats.
Made with love and care...every step of the way.
- Made in bulk from cheap poor quality materials
- Not very durable or effective at removing dirt, debris and moisture from footwear
- Cheap Coir doormats are known to shed and look messy at your front door
- Common designs and uninspiring welcome messages
- Printed messages and designs fade very quickly when walked over
DOOR MATES MATS
- Custom made from sustainable eco friendly materials
- Ethically sourced from Sri Lanka
- Effective at removing dirt, debris and moisture from footwear
- Durable and well suited to outdoor conditions
- Printed using a unique method we have perfected over more than a decade of printing commercial mats here in Melbourne
- Designed using fun, friendly and fresh designs or a personalised message
- A larger mat so it can stand out and have more room for you to wipe your feet
- The perfect gift for your friends, or family
- A thoughtful wedding or house warming gift
Where quality and sustainability meet
Our quality doormats are ethically sourced and made from sustainable, eco-friendly materials. Every mat is meticulously made in Sri Lanka from 100% natural coconut fibres (Coir), the coconuts are grown just down the road from the factory.The fibres are then tightly woven together to produce a durable doormat with minimal shedding. The mats are then bound for added strength with a natural latex that’s sourced from the local trees.
Our plain doormat (before we apply a printed message) is 100% biodegradable and compostable.
We think size matters (when it comes to your doormat), most standard doormats are only 40 x 60cm or 45 x 70cm.We’ve made our doormats bigger and better at 50 x 85 cm, so they stand out at your doorstep and give you more room to wipe your feet on.
Printed in Melbourne (by Dave)
Every Door Mate is treated like a piece of art and is hand printed here in Melbourne by Dave (who has been printing mats for over 10 years).
Our unique printing method that we have perfected for our commercial printed mats that need to withstand large amounts of foot traffic, ensures a richly textured longer lasting print with a stand out finish every time.
Your Mat, Your Message
How do you like to say G’day?
We didn’t want to just create more of the standard ‘Welcome doormats’.With Door Mates we want your doormat to express how you like to say ‘hi, hello beautiful or gidday mate’. We have a range of fun and welcoming messages to choose from. Or if you want to truly make it your own, you can create your own meaningful personalised doormat.
Our custom doormats also make a great housewarming gift for a friend or loved one, or as a way to mark special occasions like weddings and anniversaries.
Your happiness assurance
We’re very proud of the mats we create and want to make sure you are too. If you’re not completely in love with your mat for whatever reason, simply let us know (within 60 days) and we’ll give you a full refund. You won’t find that at big retail stores!